Apache setup using sqlite3 breaks when performing a field__regex filter
|Reported by:||eternicode||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||1.2|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||sqlite3 apache operationalerror databaseerror regex|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Using a simple apache mod_wsgi setup, setting the project to use sqlite3 as the backend, and running MyModel.objects.filter(field__regex=r'') (and later evaluating that query with a .count() ) causes the backend to throw an "OperationalError: user-defined function raised exception".
I've managed to trace this to the 'import re' statement inside _sqlite_regexp in db/backends/sqlite3/base.py. After moving that import statement to outside that function (making it a module-level import), the exception is no longer raised and everything works fine.
My specific regex that I initially tried was r'\bfeatured\b' on a django-tagging TagField, but it happened with an empty string (r'') as well.
I noticed this while using 1.1.2. A quick test with 1.2 confirmed the error shows up there (as a DatabaseError, same message), too. I haven't tested with SVN.
Strangely, the regex filter works perfectly when run from ./manage.py shell, or from the same page viewed on ./manage.py runserver. It's just when it's setup with apache that it has issues for some reason.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by russellm
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by Marvin
- Easy pickings unset
- Severity set to Normal
- Type set to Uncategorized
- UI/UX unset