Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#13388 closed (fixed)

English .po not compiled into "django/conf/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES" directory.

Reported by: pavl Owned by: jezdez
Component: Translations Version: 1.1
Severity: Keywords: gettext
Cc: Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: no Needs documentation: no
Needs tests: no Patch needs improvement: no
Easy pickings: UI/UX:

Description

The english version of .mo files are empty into "django/conf/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES" directory. They must be compiled.

I found it by changing the LANGUAGE_CODE to 'fr' in my project settings.
Then, in the admin, I set the language to 'en'.
The method javascript_catalog in 'django/views/i18n.py' loads the catalog for the 'en' language since it's not the default.

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by russellm

  • milestone set to 1.2
  • Needs documentation unset
  • Needs tests unset
  • Patch needs improvement unset
  • Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by jezdez

  • Owner changed from nobody to jezdez
  • Status changed from new to assigned

This seems like what we tried to fix in r12384 (#3594).

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by jezdez

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

(In [13069]) Fixed #13388 - Refined changes made in r12384 in the JavaScript i18n admin view.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by jezdez

(In [13070]) [1.1.X] Fixed #13388 - Refined changes made in r12384 in the JavaScript i18n admin view.

Backport of r13069 from trunk.

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by jacob

  • milestone 1.2 deleted

Milestone 1.2 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
Back to Top