Flawed error display in admin when using fieldsets.
|Reported by:||schinckel||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
When using fieldsets within the admin, and an error occurs within one field of a line, then all fields within that line are marked as error by the css. That is, every field gets a red border, when really only the fields with actual errors should have a red border.
Related, but less annoying: the error messages are piled up at the top of the fieldset line, rather than being close to the field with the error.
I overcame both issues using a custom template for fieldset, and some extra css:
- put an extra class on field.box when there are no errors for this field, and an entry in the admin-extra.css setting the border-color back.
- remove the line.errors tag, and replace by appropriate field.field.errors tags within the for loop for fields within the line.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by schinckel
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by russellm
- Component changed from Uncategorized to django.contrib.admin
- Keywords design_ux added
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted