Add metasystem database-check functionality
|Reported by:||Adrian Holovaty||Owned by:||Adrian Holovaty|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
We should automate the checking of whether everything is properly installed in the database for a particular app. For instance, a command such as
django-admin.py dbcheck news would:
- Check that the package exists in the DB.
- Check that all the permissions exist in the DB.
- Check that there aren't any *extra* permissions in the DB that the model doesn't know about.
- Check that all the content types exist in the DB.
- Check that there aren't any *extra* content types in the DB for this app.
- Check that there aren't any missing fields.
- Check that the fields are in the correct data type.