Allow extra blank rows for adding new records when using list_editable in admin change list view
|Reported by:||rfugger||Owned by:|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||list_editable extra rows add|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Now that we can edit records in bulk in the admin using list_editable, it would be nice to be able to add new items in bulk in the same way. Something like a list_editable_extra field on ModelAdmin that works similarly to the extra field on InlineModelAdmin.
What's seems to be needed:
- Set the extra parameter to modelformset_factory in ModelAdmin.get_changelist_formset to generate the empty forms.
- Adapt the result_list template tag in admin_list.py to show the extra forms. This can be done by calling items_for_result with an empty model for each empty form.
- Adapt paginator and actions area to account for the extra rows. Not quite sure how to do this.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Alex
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by aaugustin
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted
comment:8 Changed 17 months ago by gregchapple
- Owner changed from nobody to gregchapple
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:9 Changed 17 months ago by gregchapple
- Owner gregchapple deleted
- Status changed from assigned to new