SSL POST hangs if view function does not use POST object
|Reported by:||bensmith||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||Keywords:||ssl form post|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Here's how to reproduce:
- Setup a simple view function.
- Write a simple form containing one named value that POSTs to the view:
<form method="POST" action="https://www.mysite.com/myview">
<input type="hidden" name="param" value="value"/>
- Submit the form
The browser will send the POST but no data will be returned. ssl_access.log and ssl_error.log will not have any record of the POST.
You can also do the submit with curl like this:
curl -v -d test=value https://www.mysite.com/myview
curl will just hang after telling you that it's submitted the request.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by SmileyChris
- Component changed from Template system to HTTP handling
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset