Add an option to disable display of related items on admin's delete confirmation page (to prevent large memory usage on complex objects)
|Reported by:||tobias||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||admin memory limit|
|Cc:||aaron@…, sasha@…, michal@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I recently tried to delete an object in the admin that had several million related objects.
The server quickly ran out of memory as the apache process's memory usage ballooned upwards to near a gigabyte.
I assume this is because it was trying to create an HTML page listing out all the related objects.
Can the admin page do a count and/or limit to avoid this?
I'm using Django 1.1 trunk (r10628), mod_wsgi 2.0, and apache 2.2.8.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Alex
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:4 Changed 10 months ago by timgraham
- Summary changed from admin object deletion confirmation page causes server out of memory error to Add an option to disable display of related items on admin's delete confirmation page (to prevent large memory usage on complex objects)
- Type changed from Bug to New feature
- Version changed from 1.1-beta to master