Clarify that "next" is the default for redirect_to_field
|Reported by:||trigeek38||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Section described: http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/auth/#the-login-required-decorator.
The use of the 'next' and 'redirect_to_field' is not clear. I think this section deserves a little more description of how to use the decorator correctly.
"If the user isn't logged in, redirect to settings.LOGIN_URL (/accounts/login/ by default), passing the current absolute URL in the query string as next or the value of redirect_field_name. For example: /accounts/login/?next=/polls/3/."
"You can pass this value to the login form to complete the request after successful login. See views.login() below for an example.
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by mtredinnick
- milestone 1.1 deleted
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by SmileyChris
- Has patch set
- Summary changed from Helpful addition for use of @login_required. to Clarify that "next" is the default for redirect_to_field
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
- Version changed from 1.0 to SVN