tutorial doesn't give sufficient warning about superuser account or there should be a default login
|Reported by:||cwolf127||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
After a few day's break, I resumed the tutorial, starting on the second
Whereupon, I run into this instruction:
"Now, try logging in. (You created a superuser account in the first part of this tutorial, remember?)"
Well, no, I don't - yes it's my fault for not writing it down, but this is just a
tutorial, so why doesn't the admin app have a default login?
Going back to tutorial-1, the only thing it says about the superuser account
"...and you'll get a prompt asking you if you'd like to create a superuser account for the authentication system. Go ahead and do that."
I think there should be a warning for absent-minded programmers that there IS NO WAY to
recover the superuser password.
This FAQ did not help for this issue:
I tried poking around in the database for this information, and fortunately, (from a
security perspective) found there's no way to get the superuser password.
The only recourse I can see is to nuke the tutorial site and start all over again
from the beginning.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by cwolf127
- Component changed from Uncategorized to Documentation
- Keywords superuser admin added
- Needs documentation set
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
Changed 6 years ago by timo
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by timo
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
- Version changed from 1.0 to SVN
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by gsong
- Summary changed from tutorial doesn't give sufficient waring about superuser account or there should be a default login to tutorial doesn't give sufficient warning about superuser account or there should be a default login