Doc search page links should go to first occurence of search term
|Reported by:||adrian_nye@…||Owned by:||jacob|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
When you type a search term into the search field of the TOC search box and enter, you get a list of matching pages.
Then you click on the page that looks appropriate. Then to find the term you are searching for, you have to type
it again in your browsers search box. Typing every search twice is tedious.
or simply move the focus there.
Even better would be to provide a UI for navigation to the next and previous match of the search term. That could go
in the TOC column under the search term box.
I realize neither of these is easy to do well but they sure would be more convenient.
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by jacob
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by jacob
- Component changed from Documentation to Django Web site
- Owner changed from nobody to jacob
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by SmileyChris
- Severity set to Normal
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Someday/Maybe
- Type set to New feature