|Version 4 (modified by frecon, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Django sprint at Stockholm, Sweden, 17-18 November 2012
We'll be holding a Django development sprint at Fyndiq's office, Alströmergatan 20, Stockholm google maps on 17-18 November.
This sprint will be focused on 1.5 RC1 and 1.6. More details will be posted here and announced on django-dev as we get closer to the sprint.
What's a sprint? How do I participate?
See Sprints for information about how sprints work, how you can participate, etc.
Anybody, anywhere around the world, can participate and contribute. We'll be gathering in person in Stockholm, but if you can't make it you can also help out in IRC.
You can find all the gory details on the Sprints page.
If you plan to participate in the sprint at the location, please RVSP in the Django Stockholm Meetup Group event. Please contact me if you're getting there from another country so we can help you out in any way we can.
Stockholm is the capital of Sweden. The venue is located in the city centre. 8 min by tube from the main train station. 30 min walking distance. You can go there
Transfer to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- € 118 (1040 SEK) Taxi Stockholm
- € 37 (325 SEK) Train 20 min, Arlanda Express. Buy it in advance at this page. Otherwise it's €56 (490 SEK).
- € 23 (198 SEK) Bus 45 min, Flygbussarna. Buy it in advance at this page. Otherwise it's € 25 (219 SEK)
Stockholm Public Transport (SL)
- € 29 (250 SEK) 72 h travel as much as you want with all tubes and buses in Stockholm.
- € 14 (120 SEK) card loaded with 4 travels in the city centre with all tubes and buses. Can also load the card with more money.
€ 20-30 one way in the city centre. Be careful picking up a random cab from the street. There's been some problems with unserious taxi drivers charging ridiculous prices from tourists. To be on the safe side choose one of big brands like Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020, Topcab.
Here's some suggestions.
- Connect City Hotel Just across the street.
- Story Hotel, hip life style hotel. 11 min away with the tube.
- Hotel Tégnerlunden
- Scandic Malmen, In Södermalm, a very hip area. 15 min by tube.
- Hotel Hellsten, nice boutique hotell. 5 min away by tube.
- STF Fridhemsplan, 750 m away. Walking.
- STF af Chapman, On a boat! 30 min away by bus.
- more hostels
- even more hostels
I've heard some interest in at the latest meetup that it's possible to sleep at someones sofa or spare bed. Write a comment in the event if you're interested.
There's also Couchsurfing.org which has a great community!
So that everyone knows who'll be there, please add your name below.
- Jannis Leidel. Thanks to Django Software Foundation for helping out with flights and accomodation!
- RVSP in the Django Stockholm Meetup Group event.
- Add your name here
- Your Name (time zone)