|Version 23 (modified by adrian, 9 years ago) (diff)|
September 2007 Django sprint
On Friday, Sept. 14, 2007, we're going to have a sprint to try and reduce the open ticket count. See the original announcement to django-dev for some details.
Developers around the world, both new and experienced, have already expressed much interest in participating, so there should be people available to help in most time zones.
What is a sprint?
Basically, a Django sprint is an excuse for people to focus their undivided attention, for a set time frame, on improving Django. We'll communicate via the Internet, and the people in Chicago and Mountain View (if, indeed, that option pans out) will just have a focused place to gather, along with better communication and the other benefits of face-to-face interaction.
Anybody can participate and contribute, and there's no obligation or expectation. If you've never contributed to Django before, this is the perfect chance for you to chip in.
Between now and next Friday (or on the day), we need to
- Create an IRC channel for the event.
- Write up a list of things that newcomers can do, particularly how to help triaging bugs.
- Work out a way to easily pass "possibly ready" bugs to people with commit privileges.
In person (Chicago, USA -- tentatively at Google Chicago)
- Adrian Holovaty
- Deryck Hodge
- Jacob Kaplan-Moss (tentative in Chicago)
- Paul Smith
In person (Mountain View, Calif., USA -- tentatively at Google main HQ)
- David Cramer
- Wiliam Alves de Souza (Brazil)
- James Bennett (Kansas, USA)
- Eric Brown (Tampa, FL, USA)
- Nick Efford (UK)
- Marc Garcia (Barcelona, Europe)
- Simon Greenhill (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Russell Keith-Magee (Perth, Australia)
- Joseph Kocherhans (Kansas, USA)
- Honza Král (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Andrews Medina (Brazil)
- Vivek Puri (Singapore)
- Michael Radziej (Germany)
- Ville Säävuori (Finland)
- Suriya Subramanian (Austin, Texas, USA)
- Malcolm Tredinnick (Sydney, Australia)
- Gary Wilson (Texas, USA)
- Martin Winkler (Austria)
- (your name here, in alphabetical order by last name)