|Version 3 (modified by 6 years ago) (diff),|
This page documents how to use Mercurial, rather than Subversion, to hack on Django.
For people who are core committers, and want to use Mercurial rather than Subversion as their client:
- Install the hgsubversion extension (and understand basically how it works).
- Clone the Subversion repository:
hg clone svn+http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/ djangoThis will take a while.
- Use normal hg commands to make commits, switch branches, push back to the subversion repository etc. Remember to use
hg rebase --svn, and not
- Use the bookmarks extension for git-style local feature branches.
- Alternatively, use the queues extension to manage long lived patches.
- To collapse several commits into a single commit before pushing back to svn, use the histedit extension
- To backport a changeset from trunk, use the transplant extension