|Version 15 (modified by anonymous, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Specifications for various Django features
This page is meant to be a collaborative whiteboard for reaching agreement on designs of various issues. Usually this information is scattered around Django IRC channel, tickets and mailing lists and is both hard to find and quite often non-conclusive.
Non-trivial design decisions should converge into a clear specification that merges all the bits from different discussion sources. The process should be similar to PEPs:
- if it's a minor issue, just open a ticket and exit
- post your proposal to django-developers mailing list and open a corresponding ticket (review http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/#pep-work-flow)
- if it is rejected on the mailing list, exit
- based on the feedback received, write a specification as a sub-page of this page, link it to the corresponding ticket and announce it to the mailing list
- Usability improvements in application handling (enhancements of the app directive)
- Binary field: merge information from #2417 and http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/266565a23b765ea2
This section should only be edited by Django BDFLs.
- Converting the ReST documentation in `doc/` to HTML and PDF -- will be superseded by a Sphinx-based solution.