|Version 31 (modified by aruseni, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Screencasts about Django
This page lists screencasts created to demonstrate Django.
Now the 1.0 release is out, at least now we should have some offical sort of screencasts..
Ruby on Rails had it since the beginning, and it was a essential part of their official website..
Let the people send in proposals, start a screencast competition! (Perhaps someone could sponsor something, like two years of hosting at a provider supporting Django?)
I would suggest to send in three videos to start with.. Introduction to Django, a tutorial, and one for some common but advanced tasks in Django..
And at least it wouldn't be that bad to adopt something from the "Ruby on Rails" guys: http://rubyonrails.org/screencasts
- Diving into Django, great starter screencast using SQLite to create a simple bug tracking/ticketing system.
- Running django on Ubuntu using postgres SQL server
- Django in Seven Minutes - The first Django screencast! Created by Tom Dyson of throwingbeans.org. Demonstrates creating a trivial content management system from scratch using generic views. Note: this is old and out-dated - will not work with 0.95 or higher
- How to install Django at Webfaction - Screen cast created by Ian Holsman. Demonstrates how to run django in a shared hosting environment. The noise quality is a bit bad.
- Learn Django Series - Learn Django shows how easily and quickly you can get a web application up and running with Django.
- PyCon-Tech The Python behind PyCon Series - Doug Napoleone introduces the technology behind PyCon 2007, this year's main Python conference.
- Screencasts by Eric Holscher - Series of Debugging Django Screencasts.