|Version 50 (modified by anonymous, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Development of major new features for Django tends to take place in branches — copies of the main codebase focused on a particular feature. Using branches makes it easier to experiment with such sweeping changes without possibly breaking the trunk — the main line of development.
Branches may not be stable, but they offer a chance to test out bleeding-edge code before it hits the mainline. Give them a try, and remember to send feedback to the branch maintainers!
- A list of all branches, active and inactive, can be found here: http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches?order=name
Creating New Branches
Please see http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/#branch-policy for information about creating new feature branches.
If you have a branch of Django maintained with a DVCS tool, please add it below.
You can fetch it with:
bzr branch lp:django
There are several git repositories out there, some of which are used to develop patches that will come to SVN.
- The official git mirror is maintained by Jannis Leidel, updated every five minutes and hosted on GitHub: http://github.com/django/django/
- Matthias Kestenholz has set up several git repositories for Django and for a selection of Django applications:
- Gitweb with complete list of repositories: http://spinlock.ch/pub/git/ (as of 2010-10-11 http protocol works , git protocol is broken)
- Other people also published their repositories, in case you want to add them as remotes:
- Official mirror: It's hosted on Bitbucket, it is updated every five minutes: http://bitbucket.org/django/django
- Those mirrors are much smaller and intended for easy update of production sites, they follow stable branches: branch 1.2, branch 1.3 and branch 1.4
- See MercurialBranches for how to use hg with Django
Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. *Real estate consultants *commercial office space in gurgaon *And *Franchise opportunities *Franchise in india