|Version 38 (modified by anonymous, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Developers for hire
Looking for work writing Django apps? Post your name below, so savvy companies who are looking for Django developers can get in touch.
- Michael Chiu Software engineer with aerospace (C, C++), US defense (C++, Java), and web application (Python) experience. Email: mikechiu7 at yahoo dot com. See my site Gutata and my Homepage
- Ben Godfrey Web application developer and designer based in London, UK. Previous work includes Business Link, Transport for London, Fujifilm, Norwich Union and Start-rite shoes. aftnn.org
- Jason Davies Python developer located in Cambridge, UK. Recently graduated in CompSci at Cambridge University. Contact: jason dot davies at gmail dot com. www.jasondavies.com
- Eric Walstad Python and database developer located in San Francisco: eric at ericwalstad dot com; ericwalstad.com
- Vladimir Labath Python and database developer located in Toronto. Contact: vlado at labath dot ca.
- Rachel Willmer C, Python, database, networking developer located in Edinburgh, Scotland: Contact rachel at hobthross dot com; www.hobthross.com
- Marco Pantaleoni C, C++, Python, DB, networking, linux, embedded systems. Contact panta at elasticworld dot org; www.elasticworld.org
- Leonardo Santagada Python and database developer and sys admin. Contact: santagada at gmail dot com.
- Matt Wilson Python and database dev. Contact matt at culturethree dot com; culturethree.com.
- Tom Zellman Python/Java/C/C++ developer in NE Ohio/ SE Michigan. Contact tzellman at umich dot edu; FeedNut.
- Jason F. McBrayer Python/C developer, web developer, Unix systems administrator, in Columbia, South Carolina. Contact jmcbray at carcosa dot net; www.carcosa.net
- Zilbo.com We are a small startup concentrating on django based projects. Contact ian at zilbo dot com;
- John Champaign Toronto based software engineer with application (Java) and web (Python & Django) development experience. Email: john.champaign at gmail dot com. See my homepage at Homepage. Happy to travel, learn new technologies or mentor junior developers.
- Pradeep Gowda Bangalore, India based Software engineer. Python,Django,Zope/Plone and Database dev. experience. Contact: pradeep.gowda at gmail dot com
- Les Smithson Unix/Linux C/C++/Python + Django Zope contract techie developer. London, UK based. cv at http://www.hare.demon.co.uk/cv.html.
- Eight Media (Netherlands) : Eight Media, a creative agency located in Arnhem, the Netherlands, is currenly looking for a Django developer. For more information check here http://www.eight.nl/vacatures/juniorontwikkelaar.html.
- NDN Productions/Naples Daily News: NDN Productions — the online and new media publishing division of the Naples Daily News — is looking for a full-time Python programmer to develop Internet-based applications that cross from computers to mobile phones to iPods to Sony PSPs. We strive for innovation and nimble development for sites that embrace relational databases in ways they’ve rarely been used on the local level coupled with broadband-centric multimedia content that all works together in a platform-independent manner. We are located in Naples, Florida. Read More or Email: webninjas@…
- Clear Function: Clear Function, a web application development company located in Memphis, TN, is currenly looking for a Django developer to relocate. We may also be in need of contract workers for various projects. Email stephen at clearfunction.com for more information.
- World Online, where Django was originally created, is looking for a Django developer. See all the details at http://www.jacobian.org/2005/dec/07/job/.
- Scripps Newspaper Division Scripps Newspapers Division has an immediate opening for a Software Developer in our Knoxville, Tennessee office.
Under moderate supervision, develops cost effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing application software that is moderately complex. Analyzes system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Assists in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule. Creates prototypes. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements moderately complex software.
This list of duties is not exhaustive, and may be added, deleted or changed at any time, without notice.
- Designs, develops, modifies and implements software applications.
- Develop and assess technical architecture, design, and framework.
- Contributes to the overall software development lifecycle including requirements gathering/analysis, design, development technologies, release/version control, testing, deployment and support.
- Develops technical specifications and documentation.
- Performs application testing of components, modifications, and overall systems.
- Develop and implement training and documentation for applications.
- Works independently and as a member of a team.
- Contributes to team after-hours support duties.
- Perform other duties as needed and as directed by supervisor.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Mathematics required.
Minimum of four years experience in full lifecycle software development. Experience with Python and PostgreSQL database experience preferred. Knowledge of more than one of the following also helpful: HTML, Java, linux, perl, PL/SQL, SQL, SVN, Unix, XML.
Equipment: UNIX servers and PC’s running Windows operating systems.
Skills/Abilities: Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within a team environment. Utilizes creativity and excellent problem solving skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple tasks. Must possess proven and effective verbal and written communication skills.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to: recruiter@… and reference job # 5049
or by mail to:
ATTN: HR Dept, L. Kok--Job # 5049
9721 Sherrill Blvd
Knoxville, TN 37932
The E.W. Scripps Company, a diversified media concern with interests in newspaper publishing, broadcast television, national television networks, interactive media and television retailing, is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.