|Version 55 (modified by idangazit, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Case Study Candidates, with points of contact
See also CaseStudyQuestionnaire.
- Disqus (Brett Hoerner, David Cramer)
- Powers commenting on CNN.com, MTV.com, Engadget. 250 million users per month, 17,500 requests/sec. they have around 100 servers. See slides on Scaling Disqus.
- addons.mozilla.org (Jeff Balogh) - Site serves 165 million requests per month. Was previously using CakePHP.
- JDunck - Contacted to do study Sept 13, 2010.
- BazaarVoice (Jon Loyens)
- PBS (@tarequeh) Pluggable applications slides and Teaching an old pony new tricks slides.
- National Geographic (Rich Leland @richleland)
- Discovery (Josh Ourisman)
- RapidSMS (Andy McKay, Matt Berg) saving kids lives with Django
- NASA Nebula (Jesse Andrews)
- Library of Congress (@acdha, @edsu, @dchud)
- University of Texas (Gary Wilson)
- Nazareth College (@StevenLukeSmith / fvox13)
- University of Missouri (Columbia MIssourian & The Maneater)
- Guardian (Simon Willison?)
- Cox Media (Chris Heisel)
- Onion (Tom Tobin, Michael Greer) - interview http://djangositeoftheweek.com/av-club/
- Everyblock (Adrian Holovaty, Joseph Kocherhans)
- http://projects.washingtonpost.com (Ryan O'Neil, Jackie Kazil)
- USA Today (@kjam)
- Chicago Tribune ( Christopher Groskopf / @onyxfish )
- Zimbio (Bruce Martin, Danny Khatib)
- GlobalCom ( @gabrielfalcao )
- The Washington Times
- St. Petersburg Times
- Boston Globe
- New York Times Regional Media Group
- Congressional Quarterly Roll Call
- LA Times
- California Watch
- Dallas Morning News
- LexisNexis ( Bryan Weingarten )
- Qualcomm (??? does anyone have a contact?)
- HP (Ned Batchelder)
- Cisco (Brad MacDonald)
- Aviva PLC
- Mochimedia (Ericflo)
- Penny Arcade (???)
- Car Battle (@yezooz)
- Cuker Interactive (http://cukerinteractive.com, our product is Web Cube CMS http://webcubecms.com)
- Baby and Kids Company (http://babyandkidscompany.com/)
- Pick Score (@yezooz)
- Altitude Software vBox, Asterisk PBX management (rui.coelho@…)
Others, not sure
- http://politifact.com/ ( Matt Waite/@mattwaite , @jeremybowers )
- Mahalo (Jeff Ammons, Jacob Burch)
- Working on case study as of 10 Sept 2010.
- Draft shared w/ JDunck, DGreenfeld, AMcKay as of 16 Sept; feedback due by Sept 24.
- Sunlight Labs (James Turk)
- Compete.com (@roblacy)
- Nasuni ( Jesse Noller )
- Fluther.com - Q&A website with a learning question matching algorithm and a proxied, federated product with some interesting middleware (Tim Trueman/@timtrueman)
- Pitchfork (@blackbrrr / @seanbrant)
- SimpleGeo (Mike Malone, Joe Stump)
- Urban Airship ( Michael Richardson , Adam Lowry )
- http://www.mediweightloss.com (Eric Brown, eric@…, interview/case study inquiries welcome)
- Mobile Vikings, a Belgian MVNO (Gert Van Gool, @gvangool, gert@…)
Should mine http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=750142
Consultancies as leads to testimonials from their clients? (Lincoln Loop, Caktus, etc.)
- Lincoln Loop - We Like Small ( Paul Solomon )
- JDunck - contacted 20 Sept 2010.
- Interaction Consortium - NSW AU Art Gallery (Greg Turner)