|Version 17 (modified by anonymous, 5 years ago) (diff)|
A list of projects which might serve as useful case studies, with points of contact:
- Disqus (Brett Hoerner, David Cramer)
- Powers commenting on CNN.com, MTV.com, Engadget. 250 million users per month, 17,500 requests/sec. they have around 100 servers. See slides on Scaling Disqus.
- NASA Nebula (Jesse Andrews)
- PBS (@tarequeh) Pluggable applications slides and Teaching an old pony new tricks slides.
- http://projects.washingtonpost.com (???)
- Chicago Tribune ( Christopher Groskopf / @onyxfish )
- Everyblock (Adrian Holovaty, Joseph Kocherhans)
- LexisNexis (???)
- addons.mozilla.org (Jeff Balogh) - Site serves 165 million requests per month. Was previously using CakePHP.
- Cox Media (Chris Heisel)
- University of Texas (Gary Wilson)
- National Geographic (???)
- http://politifact.com/ ( Matt Waite/@mattwaite , @jeremybowers )
- Onion (Tom Tobin, Michael Greer) - interview http://djangositeoftheweek.com/av-club/
- Mahalo (Jeff Ammons)
- Sunlight Labs (James Turk)
- Nazareth College (@StevenLukeSmith / fvox13)
- Compete.com (@roblacy)
- Nasuni ( Jesse Noller )
- Fluther.com - Q&A website with a learning question matching algorithm and a proxied, federated product with some interesting middleware (Tim Trueman/@timtrueman)
Curse.com - 15M unique visitors / month - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4UN4MkSyI&feature=relatedPer David Cramer, who used to work there, they are no longer on Django (.Net, part of why he left).
- Pitchfork (@blackbrrr / @seanbrant)
Should mine http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=750142