Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of Ticket #19075, comment 6


Ignore:
Timestamp:
10/07/2012 03:51:40 PM (2 years ago)
Author:
aaugustin
Comment:

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • Ticket #19075, comment 6

    initial v1  
    22
    33As explained in #19081 the problem is in `django.core.servers.basehttp`, where some operations on `environ['QUERY_STRING']` trigger an implicit conversion to unicode, since I enabled `unicode_literals`.
     4
     5The patch provided by the reporter is closer to the correct solution. However there are many more strings is this module that became unicode with `unicode_literals`, with unknown consequences.
     6
     7We have several options available now, by order of increasing effort:
     8- roll back `unicode_literals`, and fix whatever needs fixing for Python 3,
     9- liberally sprinkle `str('..')` in the module, and hope we didn't miss one,
     10- as suggested in #19081, compare the current code with the 2.6 and 2.7 stdlib, and switch to the stdlib wherever possible, subclassing if necessary. This should make the issue go away.
Back to Top