|Version 9 (modified by fitzgen, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Potential Sprint Topics
- Improvements to the djangoproject.com website, including adding of case studies see http://groups.google.com/group/dsf-website
- Adding more detailed error messages into Django http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/95d3ffc9ed65bc8e
- A web based query builder and analyzer (details to come from AndyM)
- Generic class-based views ( http://github.com/jacobian/django/blob/class-based-generic-views/django/views/generic2/detail.py ), benefits (cutting down boilerplate code, more abstract, clean name spacing, etc...) and issues that spring up (decorators, multithreading, redirects). We use the class-based views at WWU Housing and found them to be very useful, but had to solve each of those issues ourselves and I think we did pretty good. I've never given a sprint or anything but since we are a relatively small group and I think Class-based generic views are interesting and useful, I would like to share WWU's experiences and solutions if other people find this topic interesting. - Nick Fitzgerald
- Add yours here...
If you are coming or going to DjangoSki by car, here's where you can get more people to share the ride. Parking in Whistler is a real pain (it's kinda cool that they discourage cars) so it would be nice if you are ride sharing to help contribute to parking costs too.
From or to Vancouver
From or to Seattle
- I'm open to carpooling with someone from and/or to Bellingham, WA (if you aren't great with WA geography (like me!) Bham is an hour and a half north of Seattle, directly on I-5 and the path to Vancouver). I don't have a vehicle, but I am more than willing to split gas and possibly parking if it is economical. Email me at fitzgen@…. - Nick Fitzgerald
From or to Portland
If you are looking for a room share to cut those costs down, add in details here.
- I have a room booked at the First Tracks Lodge which is directly next to the Legends and run by the same company. However, since I'm not 25 I didn't meet the min age requirements and as an agreement with them to let me stay, I told them I was just going up for the conference and that I wouldn't have anyone else in my room besides myself. They were very kind and flexible, and if someone is interested in sharing the room, go ahead and email me. I will call them and ask if it will work out, since you would presumably also be going to DjangoSki, I think they would be cool with that. Email me at fitzgen@…. - Nick Fitzgerald
- PS: It is just a one bed room, but we could take turns on the bed and/or get a cot, etc...
You can also reach people on the djangoski mailing list at http://groups.google.com/group/djangoski