|Version 15 (modified by fitzgen, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Potential Sprint Topics
- Improvements to the djangoproject.com website, including adding of case studies see http://groups.google.com/group/dsf-website
- Adding more detailed error messages into Django http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/95d3ffc9ed65bc8e
- A web based query builder and analyzer (details to come from AndyM)
- More of an ad-hoc type idea: Generic class-based views ( http://github.com/jacobian/django/blob/class-based-generic-views/django/views/generic2/detail.py ), benefits (cutting down boilerplate code, more abstract, clean name spacing, etc...) and issues that spring up (decorators, multithreading, redirects). We use the class-based views at WWU Housing and found them to be very useful, but had to solve each of those issues ourselves and I think we did pretty good. I've never given a sprint or anything but since we are a relatively small group and I think Class-based generic views are interesting and useful, I would like to share WWU's experiences and solutions if other people find this topic interesting. - Nick Fitzgerald
- Add yours here...
If you are coming or going to DjangoSki by car, here's where you can get more people to share the ride. Parking in Whistler is a real pain (it's kinda cool that they discourage cars) so it would be nice if you are ride sharing to help contribute to parking costs too. *Note* it costs $15 a day to park at the hotel.
From or to Vancouver
- Don't have a car would be interested in carpooling. I'm in the commercial area and happy to help pay for gas. stefan(at)tjarks(dot)de
- I'll be heading up Monday afternoon and will have room for 2 or 3 people plus ski's etc. andy@…
From or to Seattle
- I'm open to carpooling with someone from and/or to Bellingham, WA (if you aren't great with WA geography (like me!) Bham is an hour and a half north of Seattle, directly on I-5 and the path to Vancouver). I don't have a vehicle, but I am more than willing to split gas and possibly parking if it is economical. Email me at fitzgen@…. - Nick Fitzgerald
- I'd also be interested in carpooling if anyone is driving up. I don't have a car, but I'm happy to help pay for gas and parking. I'm in Seattle proper. Thanks! - Matt Yoder <mattyoder@…>
From or to Portland
If you are looking for a room share to cut those costs down, add in details here.
- I have a room booked at the First Tracks Lodge which is directly next to the Legends and run by the same company. However, since I'm not 25 I didn't meet the min age requirements and as an agreement with them to let me stay, I told them I was just going up for the conference and that I wouldn't have anyone else in my room besides myself. They were very kind and flexible, and if someone is interested in sharing the room, go ahead and email me. I will call them and ask if it will work out, since you would presumably also be going to DjangoSki, I think they would be cool with that. Email me at fitzgen@…. - Nick Fitzgerald
- PS: It is just a one bed room, but we could take turns on the bed and/or get a cot, etc...
- I booked myself into AMS/UBC Whistler Lodge (~15 min walk to the Legends). It's a lodge owned by the University of British Columbia. Rooms are mainly shared and I assume it is more backpacker style but it is cheap even for none students!
DjangoSki Mailing List
You can also reach people on the djangoski mailing list at http://groups.google.com/group/djangoski