Add support for date_hierarchy across relations
|Reported by:||jbg@…||Owned by:||vytisb|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I'm not sure exactly when this changed, but I think it was in the last few weeks of development leading up to the 1.5 release.
ModelAdmin.date_hierarchy used to support fields on related models. For example, I have a model Event with a day field, which is a ForeignKey to Day, which in turn has a date field (of type DateField).
This used to work:
class EventAdmin(ModelAdmin): date_hierarchy = 'day__date'
Suddenly, as of a recent commit, it doesn't. This isn't addressed in the documentation in any way I can find.
Change History (17)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by jbg@…
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by aaugustin
- Severity changed from Normal to Release blocker
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by aaugustin
- Owner changed from nobody to aaugustin
- Status changed from new to assigned
Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Owner aaugustin deleted
- Severity changed from Release blocker to Normal
- Status changed from assigned to new
- Summary changed from date_hierarchy suddenly doesn’t support fields on related models to Add support for date_hierarchy across relations
- Type changed from Bug to New feature