django.core.serializers.serialize doesn't deal with proxy models
|Reported by:||lakin||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||anssi.kaariainen@…, charette.s@…||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
If you try to serialize a proxy=True model - you get no fields serialized.
I wish I had more time to make a test case, but I don't at the moment. The easy test case is to make a model, make another model that proxies to the original model. Insert a row of data, and then serialize an instance of both models to see that the proxy one is empty.
Marking it as 1.1 as that is what I'm using and I haven't had time to double check the other versions.
Change History (12)
Changed 3 years ago by claudep
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by claudep
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
Changed 3 years ago by akaariai
comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by jezdez
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Accepted
Changed 3 years ago by charettes
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by akaariai
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Ready for checkin