Development web server sometimes hangs with Chrome
|Reported by:||jseims@…||Owned by:||slacy|
|Cc:||slacy||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I'm able to reproduce on the default Amazon ec2 tiny instance (Linux ip-10-112-95-131 22.214.171.124-83.9.amzn1.i686 #1 SMP Sat Feb 19 23:41:56 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux).
If I run the dev server and hit a page with Chrome, it will often hang for exactly 60 seconds establishing a network connecting. In other words, Chrome reports the connection as "pending", and for 60 seconds nothing happens (i.e., my code doesn't run, strace doesn't say anything unusual), and then everything proceeds fine.
Behavior goes away if I use another browser, or if I run django through apache.
Let me know if I can provide additional info.
Change History (16)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by aaugustin
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by aaugustin
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
- UI/UX unset
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by aaugustin
- Component changed from Uncategorized to HTTP handling
- Type changed from Uncategorized to Bug
comment:12 Changed 5 years ago by slacy
- Owner changed from nobody to slacy
- Status changed from reopened to new