makemessages command doesn't respect LOCALE_PATHS setting
|Reported by:||heylinus||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||em@…||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The makemessages command won't check the paths in LOCALE_PATHS as compilemessages command does.
It only generates .po file in the locale folder that is located in project root.
If a locale folder exists in project root, a deprecation warning will appear:
utils/translation/__init__.py:64: DeprecationWarning: Translations in the project directory aren't supported anymore. Use the LOCALE_PATHS setting instead.
If locale folder is removed from project root, makemessage will throw out command error:
Error: This script should be run from the Django SVN tree or your project or app tree. If you did indeed run it from the SVN checkout or your project or application, maybe you are just missing the conf/locale (in the django tree) or locale (for project and application) directory? It is not created automatically, you have to create it by hand if you want to enable i18n for your project or application.
Change History (14)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from makemessage command doesn't respect LOCALE_PATHS setting at all to makemessages command doesn't respect LOCALE_PATHS setting at all
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by aaugustin
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from Bug to New feature
comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by ramiro
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from makemessages command doesn't respect LOCALE_PATHS setting at all to makemessages command doesn't respect LOCALE_PATHS setting
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted